Information for Contractors

If you are a contractor performing contract cleaning work, you may choose to register with the scheme as a worker. Registration is voluntary, however you need to be aware that if you register as a worker you must lodge a return every three months.

Levies are payable to the Corporation and are calculated at 1.0% of your ordinary remuneration for the return period. Prior to 1 July 2021 the levy rate was 1.7%. Any outstanding levy payments for the period between 1 July 2011 - 30 June 2021 are subject to the 1.7% levy rate. Failure to do so may incur a penalty.

As a registered worker, you can get long service leave after 10 years of recognised service in the scheme.

Long service leave payments to contractors include the levy amounts paid by the contractor to the Corporation, plus at least 75% of the rate of interest earned by the Corporation on those levies paid in by the worker.

To apply for worker registration as a contractor please contact the Corporation on 13 14 41  to discuss the matter further.

Back to top