Working in another State or Territory

The long service scheme run by the Corporation only covers your cleaning work in NSW.

Separate schemes exist for the contract cleaning industry in Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory.  If you work in QLD or ACT, you may be eligible to register with the long service scheme in that state or territory.

Service recorded interstate can be recognised by the Corporation for the purposes of registration maintenance and calculating entitlements for long service payments.

Maintaining your NSW registration

If you do not record service on your NSW registration for more than four consecutive years, your registration may be cancelled or suspended.

To keep your NSW registration active, you will need to send us a copy of the latest statement issued by the interstate scheme/s every year showing that you have worked in the interstate scheme.

If you are working in the cleaning industry in a state or territory that does not have a similar scheme, you need send us a letter from your employer confirming your interstate employment in the contract cleaning industry each year. This will prevent your registration from suspension or cancellation.

Long service payments

Service recorded interstate can be used to calculate your entitlement to a long service payment and to calculate the total value of the payment.

If you are registered in the New South Wales scheme and also recording service in the long service leave scheme in Queensland or the Australian Capital Territory, you cannot record more than a combined total of 365 days in any year.

In this instance, a combined total exceeding 365 days for a year will be reduced to 365 days at the time you apply for a payment.


Ausleave provides centralised access to information about each state and territory's scheme.

Click here to update your contact details with schemes across Australia.

Long Service Schemes in other States and Territories

Back to top