Information held by the Corporation

Information held by the Corporation is available in four ways:

1. Open access information

Much of the information held by the Long Service Corporation is already publicly available. The following resources are always publicly available and are constantly updated:

  • The Long Service Corporation website. Here you will find information about the Corporation and the portable long service scheme for workers in the New South Wales building and construction industry and the contract cleaning industry as well as a comprehensive list of the Corporations publications, forms, resources and policy documents.
  • Long Service Corporation Annual Reports
  • The Disclosure Log. The Disclosure Log is also available on the Corporations website, and lists all formal determinations made by the Long Service Corporation under GIPA Act, along with the document released. The Disclosure Log is updated regularly.
  • Government contracts. The Register of Government contracts lists any contracts the Corporation is engaged in worth $150,000 or more. See the Corporations register of contracts at NSW eTendering.
  • Information tabled in Parliament. Information about the Corporation contained in any document tabled in Parliament by or on behalf of the Corporation.
  • Record of information not made publicly available. The Long Service Corporation record of the information that it does not make publicly available on the basis of an overriding public interest against disclosure

2. Proactive release

You can ask the Long Service Corporation what information it will make available to the public, in addition to the information contained on its website. Under GIPA Act, the Corporation is encouraged to release as much information as possible free of charge (or at the lowest reasonable cost). The Right to Information Officer can be contacted on 13 14 41.

3. Informal request

You can request specific information from the Long Service Corporation. The Corporation will release information without the need for a formal application whenever possible. Your first point of contact should be the Right to Information Officer on 13 14 41.

4. Formal application

If you haven't been able to get the information you need in any other way you can formally request specific information from the Long Service Corporation. In limited circumstances, access to information will require a formal access application.

A copy of an application form that you may use to request information held by the Corporation is available.

Back to top